warped rotors

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 22:25:55 EDT

"Once a rotor is warped by excessive heat you should get replacements.
The
rotor's metal composition has already "deformed" (lack of a better
word).
Even if you turn the rotors it's likely they'll return to it's warped
state."

-Shucks, and money grows on trees. If this happened to rotors, the
government and Ralph Nader would have mandated titanium rotors back in
1965. I machine them when they're warped, replace them when they are
below the machine to specification.
  If you run through a puddle of water after machining a rotor and the
water "quenches" the heat already in the rotor at the moment, it could
warp. Sure, there are a lot of "what ifs" but you cant just go slapping
parts on that have serviceable life left.
  I hope no one throws away their tires just they had a flat tire that
could have been properly repaired...
Patrick