Re: Mopar tow hooks, install

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 22:48:48 EDT

Everything about the install is really easy and straightforward except for two
things.

1. Check your parts and make sure they all fit and their are enough of them.
In my "kit" two of the nuts didn't fit and they were missing a couple of
washers. Don't underestimate how long it will take to find the right parts! I
must have gone to seven different places to find the right hardened metric
nuts.

2. As long as you have everything, the hardest part was to bang the bumper
mounting bracket bolts out. You'll need a really big punch, a bigger hammer
and a wooden shim/wedge to keep the frame rail from flexing when you whack at
it... I used a one handed sledge hammer and I almost got out the big sledge
hammer when they finally broke loose! The most important thing here is
patience... Just keep whacking away and they will eventually pop out.

Good luck!
Tom