Re: Electric Fans Please reply

From: DMH (dakota_59_rt@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 13:52:08 EDT

I believe the part number is FLX-150.
Ordered it thru Jegs.

It is a Flex-a-Lite, Blackmagic. Universal fit.
Comes with its own shroud.
Rated 2800cfm. Built in thermostat, a/c relay, etc.

Tight fit, but with a little work, no problem. It
comes with these two L shaped metal things that fit
over the rear lip of the top and bottom of the rad.
Then when you tighten it up, it snugs up. I had to
add a few washers (included) to make it line up like I
wanted. Also had to hacksaw the two L shaped brackets
so they would fit (they are too long). I removed my
factory shroud completely.

I lined up the center of the fan with the center of
the pulley. It leaves about 4 inches of vertical rad
on the drivers side uncovered, so if I do have temp
problems, I am gonna buy a pair of trans cooler fans
(have seen some that are 4" squares) and mount them in
the open area. But I REALLY don't think I am going to
have too right now.(I also bought some 40 BELOW which
is supposed to help your engine cool better, but
haven't put it in yet)

BTW, I installed the ASP crank and alt power pulleys
at same time, have had NO charging problems
whatsoever. Idled the other night with lights, AC and
fan running for about 10 minutes and never got any
warning lights. Lights seem to have lost about 10% of
brightness at idle speed, which I can live with.

Now, did it make a difference in the truck? according
to my GTECH avg's, about 2 tenths.(fan & pulleys) But
no matter what, I would do it again. The truck just
seems to run so much better. Especially around town,
the power seems effortless now, unlike before when the
fan kicking in would make you sound like a Hoover and
move like one too.

Any more questions...let me know.