Re: RE: Electric Fans Please reply

From: DMH (dakota_59_rt@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 14:05:43 EDT

Yeah, I just don't know. I know my GTECH avg has
dropped by about 2 tenths after the FAN & Pulley
install. But I think I am also getting better at
launching...so who knows.

I do know that before if I sat at a stop light for
more than a minute or two in summer, when I pulled off
there was this UNGODLY whooshing/wirring/sucking sound
and the truck just felt like a DOG to me, but after a
few minutes of driving it stopped and power came back.
 I do know since the FAN install, no more of the SOUND
and it always feels really peppy at takeoff, no matter
how hot outside. I think it helps too that I have the
HD alternator, so maybe electrical draw of the fans
doesn't affect me as bad as those with the reg. alt.

I would do it again in a heartbeat just for the
improved driveability I have experienced. I mean to
me, it really is a different vehicle now.
DMH
98 Dak RT

--- TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com wrote:
> Are you also running under drive pulleys with the
> electric fans. Do
> you really feel the electric fan uses less power ( I
> mean the alternator
> still has to power it )..
> Thanks, Ted O.

===