RE: CB's - Reach out and touch someone

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 06:58:07 EDT

Since CB's are regulated to a maximum of 4 watts output, there really isn't
any difference between the $60 Midland and a $150 Cobra. But that's where
it stops.....(Notice I didn't mention Radio Shack...proprietary CB Mic
socket...yuck) As for features, if you want weather, side-band capability,
built-in SWR Meter, ect., that's where the differences are. The antenna is
the final decision though, if you don't have a good one, your just a "mud
duck".

Hmmm....comparison...well, let's make this easy: Anyone on the DML who has
a CB in their truck, just list the Manufacturer, Price, Model, basic
features, and what type of antenna...then we'll tally up the results to see
what seems to be the most popular manufacturer. How's that?

What I use:

CB:
Cobra 21LTD/WX - $89.00
40 Channel w/2 weather
Built in Signal meter

Antenna:
4' Firestick - Bedmount

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC (V6)
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
ICQ#: 39320084

Subject: DML: CB's - Reach out and touch someone

Let's talk about the wide world of CB's. Is there really much difference
between CB's? Do some have better range? Sound better? What kind of things
should one look for when choosing a CB? How about some recommendations?

Jason