Re: RE: CB's - Reach out and touch someone

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 15:02:33 EDT

<< My antenna is a 4' Firestik II with tunable tip, mounted on my bedrail. I
 think I got the antenna and mounting hardware and 18' coax cable (18'
 recommended) for something around $35, ordered directly from Firestik. See
it
 at:

 http://www.firestik.com/

 This is a somewhat rigid antenna so I have to remove it (unscrews) when I go
 into a parking deck, but it works great. Cool thing about it is the antenna
 comes in several different colors that you can choose. For example I have an
 all Black Dak, but for color I ordered the Red antenna, and asked the guy at
 Firestik to swap the white tip with a black one, which he did no prob, and
it
 looks pretty good.

GREAT! I was not aware that I could buy directly from Firestik!! I have
always loved their products and have heard great things about them. I do not
really have a local dealer and want to get rid of my cheap dual 48" setup I
have now mounted on my toolbox. I want to try out either that hood channel
antenna mount with a black 3 foot antenna, just not sure if I will have that
3MM clearance needed. Better go measure now! My antenna cable/coax also is in
need of replacing, since it has several spots where the insulation is worn
down. Next time I will run wire loom over any areas exposed to the road where
rocks, stones, etc may damage it. I have Radio Shack 40 channel CB with DSP
technology(Digital Signal Processing) model TRC-493. I think I paid about
$100 for it 5 years ago, work fine for me. It is mounted in my aftermarket
overhead console and I ran all the wires down the inside of my interior
pillar cover.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6