RE: Major Engine problem

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 23:10:04 EDT

It's not windshield washer fluid. I use straight water and the stuff on the
block is green. It also isn't a splater from being sprayed onto the block.
The stains start at the head to block joint and run down. There is nothing
on the head.

- --> is the anti-freeze going down in the overflow bottle? You AC is on
the
passenger's side and it generates lots of water (condensation), perhaps
some is blowing onto the head....or could you have overfilled your
windshield washer bottle?

I'm not counting on having it back tomorrow, but I must have it back by
Thursday night.

- --> don't count on him redoing a head gasket tomorrow, it's a big job.

The intermediate shaft has been replaced twice. The last time I was in the
service writter said he was going to put a steering column in the truck. He
did an intermediate shaft after telling me that wasn't the problem and the
steering column itself was out. The TSB for the intermediate shaft has been
revised to include the steering column. I'm taking a copy of it in for him
to read tomorrow.

- --> probably need a intermediate shaft.

I'm also going to get the dealership owner involved. It's rediculous to have
to take a vehicle in 5 times for problems relating to the ball joints. I
ended up doing all of the troubleshooting on them because the service guys
wouldn't.

These are not the surprises I was expecting from the "New Dodge".

- --> the New Dodge is full of new surprises!

John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, Intense Blue but shines
like Lemon Yellow.