: Squeaky clutch and dying motor

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 08:43:04 EDT

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:21:00 -0700
From: SmokinDakota <webmaster@smokindakota.com>
Subject: DML: Squeaky clutch and dying motor

I have noticed a squeak in my clutch. This only happens when I
depress the
clutch and let it up. It happens whether the motor is on or off. It
doesn't
squeak when shifting gears, only when I am coming to a stop or still.
Are
there any bushings that can be greased on the clutch pedal? Any other
ideas?

Also, my motor has died twice in the past weeks. I have noticed while
at
idle, it will drop RPM's to about 300 or 400 and the motor shakes,
then
dies. Sometimes it will catch it self and jump RPMs up to around 1000
then
spark
plug itself?

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk

Put a little bit of light oil (such a duroil) on the clutch pivot
(under the dash), that should cure your problem. My accerator pivot
squeaked a bit and that solved the problem

The engine dying may be a sign that your fuel pump is about to fail.

Mine died at about 10,000 mi. without any warning.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.
Canada