RE: Squeaky clutch and dying motor

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc1@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 14:22:04 EDT

I found that my motor has done this twice also. Both times, I was in heavy
L.A. traffic, and it was a hot L.A. day ;-) When can I move? Any way, I
was completely stopped, clutch completely depressed, and engine rpm slowed,
shook, and died. Immediately started back up. The last time it happened
was October 98, and it happened again just last week. Between the two
stalls, I port and polished my Throttle body, thus removing all traces of
carbon build up, replaced my plugs, thus all plugs are good. I don't know
what caused it, but wonder if this is a coincidence. When it happened to
you, was it hot outside and you were fighting traffic? Later,

Ryan LeBlanc
1997, CC, 5.2L, 5spd, 4x2