Re: DC Responsibility(was left hand)

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 18:29:22 EDT

> really that many. I know, it's not fair. But..
> Besides, if you really want to tow with it, what's
> stoppin ya? Do many people really plan on keeping
> it long term? You can still tow a jet ski or maybe
> two! Thats within the limits! Im sure if you tow
> your car to the track 5 or 6 times a year its not
> gonna kill it. Just my opinion, please no flames,

Eric, I see your point, but here's my bitch: When I had my '95 SLT, it
was a pain the xss to get a dual axle U-haul trailer, cause the stupid
U-haul place had the tow rating for a V6 dakota listed (I had the V8),
and I had a hard time getting one. Now, I can see in the near future
that people with 'SPORT' trucks will get the 2000# label, alas- can't
rent any U-haul trailers (again, not a daily problem, but it comes up).
 Now take it a step further: I want to buy a travel trailer for some
outdoors fun... good luck finding one under 2000# that's worth a darn.
Also, my buddies boat that I use to tow with the '95 weighs in at 4500#
wet (fuel+Capt. Morgan, ice, etc.)...

Sure, I can go ahead and tow any/all of these, but until Chrysler gives
a correct explaination of why the 2000# tow rating, it makes it a
little hard to correct it/better prepare the truck for the additional
weight. The letters that I received from Chrysler were the most poorly
put together, lame excuse for a fudge-up I've ever read. I know that
when/if I go ahead with legal action, my attorney will laugh his xss
off at the letter, because it plainly states that the towing
information was 'mislabeled' in some '98/99 RT Dakota manuals. Their
commercial with the Intense Blue RT CC towing a Bayliner must mean that
they accidently listed a higher tow rating, THEN went out and took
pictures towing the boat right?? HE HE... Chrysler=Foot in mouth right
now.

The entire thing would be like telling people with a 4x4 Dakota.. "Uh,
the 4 low was a misprint, and you can only use 2 high, and 4 high."
Can you imagine the fall out from that???? Or if this issue was that
ALL Sports could only tow 2000# max, people would have gone nuts.

Sam '99 RT x 2