Re: To R/T or not R/T

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 18:23:58 EDT

At 07:08 AM 6/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Opinion time:
>
>I found a black loaded CC black R/T on the dealers lot, and am torn between
>this unit or waiting for the 4.7 in the 2000. What's the group thoughts
>here?

Hmmmmmmm , a 5.9 or a 4.7 ?...........I would take the 360 !

>Intended usage: Daily driver, occasional light hauling household stuff.

Great , as long as you don't have to pull a trailer over 2k pounds .

>Concerns: Mileage - Out on the flats, keeping you foot out of it, what is a
>reasonable MPG achieved with this unit?

Well , gas mileage is not the R/T , or any other Mopar's strongpoint . I
was able to coax 20MPG out of mine when it had about 15k miles on a very
long trip to VA back around Turkey Day of 98 . This meant not going over 60
MPH AT ALL .
If you go over 60 , or 2000 RPM , the mileage drops fast .

I went on another long trip to FL last summer and without running the AC I
got 15-16 MPG running about 75-80 MPH .

Don't buy the truck if you need something to get good mileage , get it to
drive it .

>Any other pros / cons?

Nope , just the towing issue , so decide if you will ever have to tow more
than 2000 pounds *before* you buy it .

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html