Re: To R/T or not R/T

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 19:57:40 EDT

I personally love the new 4.7. I went and drove a Grand Cherokee with
this engine and it was very smooth and responsive. It had more torque
than I expected too. I *might* (don't ask, I not supposed to disc.) be
getting a 2000 Dak and if I do it will be the 4.7 five speed combo. The
only reason I didn't get an R/T was because of the lack of a manual.
This time I will be getting a reg. cab as all I do is shove crap in the
back of my current baby. I have driven an R/T and it has a little more
low-end, but the 4.7 just seemed to want to rev a lot easier (it seemed
more like a racing engine rather than a truck engine, good IMO not so
good in others).

  The only draw back I see w/ the new engine is that there aren't any
performance parts available, and I will have to do my own experimenting
instead of having the braver members of the list do it for me. Go drive
one of the Jeeps and that may help you decide, I know it did for me.
Hope this helps.

Erich