Re: Newport Meet

From: Chuck and/or Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 21:11:45 EDT

Joe,

    Newport is about an hour north of Foxwoods, about an hour south
of Boston or about 4 hours from NY city. Newport is on Aquidneck
Island and shares the island with Portsmouth and Middletown. The
roads leading onto the island are Rt 24, Rt 138 and Rt 114. Whether
you're coming from Rt 95 north or south, you're looking at about
45 mins once you leave Rt 95.
    There's also an awesome free state park right on the ocean where
we could meet. Mike's idea about Ocean Cliff is an excellent one as
well.
    I think it was Tom who suggested Cape Cod a while back. I didn't
hear anything more, so I thought I might try Newport (Sorry if I
stepped on any toes). It might be closer for the DML members who
visited Foxwoods a while back.
    Hopefully that answered your geography question. If not, email
me and I'll try again.

Thanks,
Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Intense Blue Dak Sport, 2wd RC 3.9L 5 spd
DML digest mode

My Dak's page: http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dak01001.htm