Re: supercharger

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 23:09:06 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/99 2:28:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< I've always been a Paxton fan (and sometimes Vortec) but the belt driven
 design of the Powerdyne makes me worry a little bit. As someone had already
 mentioned, their belt broke and cost them $500 for the repair. Now if you
 look at the price of repair vs. Vortec complete kit, there's really not that
 much difference with the exception of a little bit more boost...which we all
 know what that does. :)

 Maybe they work just fine and i'm looking too hard for flaws, just be
 careful.

 Bernd >>

I like Vortech's design myself. Engine oil circulating through the blower is
much better than transmission fluid (Paxton). The Paxton's seem to run a bit
too hot, too. A "fix" to this could be thier oil cooler, but this allready
adds 350$ to the Paxton's already $1000 price.

ttyl
Patrick