Re: Pros/cons of the Hooker headers?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 07:38:32 EDT

At 10:04 PM 6/28/99 EDT, you wrote:

>Obviously the pros of the Hooker headers are the fact that they are probably
>the best for performance header available for our trucks correct?

From what I read about the Hooker headers for the Dakota, it depends on the
type
of performance that you're looking for. It seems to me that you'll lose quite
a bit of low end but will open up the top end (my opinion). From my past
experiences
with Hooker headers, they had some clearance issues (e.g. with starters and
power
steering boxes in the engine bay) even though the model was made for the
vehicle that
you had. It also sounds that they are not a straight bolt-on but require
faily extensive
modifications from the connector back (additional cost consideration).

I would contact them first and get the information that's relevant to your
truck.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red