Re: WTF! $165 for Mopar tow hook kits without installation.

From: Asautt@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 23:03:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/99 10:45:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pjdmd@mho.net
writes:
,<snip>
> I couldn't keep a straight face when the girl at the counter told me the
> price. That is the quoted price without the installation. Might she
> have been mistaken and that have been the installed price? don't look
> like it, since that is what her parts computer quoted her.
<snip>

Yeah, that's what I said too! But the tow hooks come with a complete front
cross-over assembly. Really beefs up the front end and gives a solid cross
member to mount the tow hooks. If you look under the front now, there is not
really a good place to mount hooks, due to the way the frame members swing up
in the front.
Most members recommended to me to go with the kit, and I'll pass that
recommendation on to you.

Chief