Re: Lets talk Super Charger Here

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 22:04:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/99 1:05:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TEDSDAKOTA@AOL.COM writes:

<< Thanks, Blaine. They look better and better. R&D performance has an
 "S trim" for $2700.00+. Do you know any thing about that one..? >>

I know a fellow over our way that sometimes races his at the same track Jon
and I run at that has a vortek running 8 or 9 # or so he claims. It is a 94
or 95 short box auto with MP cam set, headers, tranny beefed up with shift
kit, 4:10 SG, DOT tires and a best run of 13.21. Planned to attack him but he
keeps blowing head gaskets before I can get to him. I think he has been
through 4 or 5 so far. He has all kinds of gadgets for boost retard and ect
but can't keep gaskets in it with the SC on it. He tows it in with his Indy
ram now, says it's the only way to get back home. He also said that if he
runs it to the track (75 - 100 miles) then it is so hot that he can't get a
decent run out of it. He usually only makes a few run because it gets so hot
that he lets it cooool for 2 or 3 runs then tries to get in a good one.
Consecutive runs are very inconsistent due to the heat of the SC creates. I
know a lot of guys like em but the definitely hain't fer me :-)

Bill