Re: DML Digest V4 #714

From: Seth Bradley (sbradley@iwa.dp.intel.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 17:13:18 EDT

> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:54:52 EDT
> From: JPMUSMC@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: RE: DC Responsibility
>
> I disagree with this just a bit. Do you buy a corvette to tow? Come on
> guys, how do you expect high performance AND all the "properties" that you
> buy a truck for. I agree that DC tried to pull a fast one but aren't you a
> BIT suspiscious when DC advertises this? Common sense would tell you that
> something was fishy. Just my 2 cents worth

Bad comparison. The F-150 Lightning, which is lowered, will tow 5,000
lbs. Plenty of aftermarket lowered trucks with much more radical drops
than the R/T manage to tow at or close to their original rated
capacity, without much additional work, but DC can't manage to do the
same with the much milder R/T? If that's the case, then it doesn't
reflect well on DC. I bought my R/T to be a practical truck, that just
happens to accelerate and handle well. My bed has a Line-X liner, and
it's regularly used to haul. I bought the truck to tow, and I expect DC
to fix it.

Seth Bradley