DML:Re-setting "Maintenance Required" Light.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 18:23:28 EDT

I just rolled 120K in my '92 CC 5.2L, and just as it did at 60K, the
maintenance required reminder light has come on to signal that the EGR is
scheduled for cleaning and/or replacement. Can anyone tell me how to reset
the light without paying a dealer to do it? I disconnected the battery, but
this did not help, and the light is still on. At 60K, I had the dealer
re-set it, but I believe it cost me $35. I know that someone out there knows
how to do it for free.

Thanks in advance,

SteveM.