Re: DML:Re-setting "Maintenance Required" Light.

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 22:43:11 EDT

Mine came on a little before 60k - no way was I going to let a dealer have
$35 to reset it! I just took the dash off (relatively easy procedure) and
found the offending light. I actually didn't have anything to reach down in
the hole and remove the light, and I didn't want to break it and have little
glass pieces inside the dash, so I just put some electrical tape over the
box that the light shines through. You'll have to put several layers of
tape over it 'cuz it's a very bright light. Anyway, got the tape put on and
put the dash back on and it's been that way ever since. I've got 140k on
now and no bothersome light (not visible anyway)......

p.s. - I've heard that disabling that light is illegal (I didn't disable it,
I just 'hid' it :-)

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate