Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #709

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@Icc.vitelcom.net)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 14:42:21 EDT

Matt,
With your driving habits(<3000rpm) you shouldn't get a blower. Even the KB
(which isn't really a "roots type") doesn't increase hp until about 2000
rpm. It does produce boost from just off-idle, but the parasitic load of the
blower offsets the amount of power produced. The centrifugals are even
worse, your truck would probably be SLOWER than stock.
Why won't you go past 3000 rpm's? Still breaking her in? I know my Paxton
wasn't recommended for a "green" engine. So I waited till 1000 miles.
Dr. Pat