RE: 4X4 Question

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 07:13:33 EDT

Yeah, actually I had. It was the comment about "I could corner like the
snow wasn't even there" that did it. Guess I owe you an apology :-).

I've just seen too many brand-new SUV owners who figure out that they can
maintain a good 80 mph in the summer (which is bad enough, but I've been
known to do the same thing, so I'm not one to talk about that :-). Then
winter rolls around, and they figure "hey, it's four wheel drive, I don't
have to worry about snow" and continue to drive their standard 80 mph.
These are the guys you see sliding into ditches or worse, other vehicles.
It's a pet peeve of mine, since these people reflect badly on all 4x4
owners. The car drivers I work with always give me crap about it every
winter, usually "all you 4x4s tearing up and down the road, your truck
oughta be outlawed!"

It's become sort of a personal quest to get reckless 4x4 owners to drive
more responsibly, because if enough people turn against us, they can get the
govt. against us as well. It's hard enough to justify why we need four
wheel drive to bureaucrats and environmentalists as it is.

Anyway, probably a lot more explanation than you wanted, just thought I'd
try to explain where I was coming from.

Drive safe on the street and go play in da mud! :)

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto