RE: Body lift

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 08:28:37 EDT

Performance Accessories: 2" works great and they offer a 3" as well.
However, the 3" requires cutting on the shifter (Manual) and linkage
modifications (Auto).

As for the 33's you may not be able to clear the fenderwells without some
serious trimming or more lift. (Recommend Suspension Lift for that)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC (V6)
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
ICQ#: 39320084

Subject: DML: Body lift

Anyone have a good source for body lifts for a 97? Also, any pics of a 97+
with a 3" would be appreciated. One last question...is this something I can
install myself without much trouble or should I fork out the extra $$ to
have
it installed. I do not have a welder and most people I talk to say that a
welder is a must to extend the shifter and steering column. I am going to
get the 5.5" Tuff country one day (no idea when). So, any suggestions on 3"
vs. 2" would be great. The price between the two is nominal so the bottom
line is functionality and looks. I dont want to get too much lift once the
suspension lift is installed, but that could be a year or so down the road.
am planning on getting some 33" tires to go along with the lift so I only
want to have to do this once. Thanks for the help.

Russ
97 SLT+ CC 318
Thorley headers, Rhino liner, Roll Top, Python alarm, 14x3 FABM, 160 T-Stat,
Gibson dual catback, waitin on the B&F TB