Re: RE: DC Responsibility

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 12:11:47 EDT

At 10:45 AM 6/29/99 , you wrote:

>a year or so after you've made that investment, DC
>says, "Heh, we lied... tough luck."

What evidence do you have that DC "lied"? My understanding is that they
discovered this problem after production was well underway and as they were
doing continuing testing on the R/T. If this is indeed the case, then it
does not constitute a lie from either a moral or legal standpoint. I agree
that the responsible thing to do would be for DC to engineer a fix for this
and then fix all R/Ts free of charge. But unless someone can prove that
there is something more sinister going on here, this is hardly the kind of
case that punitive damages are awarded for. And no way is DC going to have
its head cut off over this.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Man invented language to satisfy his