Re: high 14's and how I get there.

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 20:50:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/99 8:09:33 AM EST, HEMI@charter.net writes:

> I went from a 15.388 to a 14.856 in my 98 CC R/T with only the following
> mods :
>
> 14x3" FABM
> K&N Element
> 180 Thermostat
> Magnecor Wires
> Brass Cap & Rotor Button
> 28x10.5x15 M/T Drag ET slicks mounted on 15x8 Dakota rims (hafta heat the
> hell outta them!)
> 18PSI in slicks
> Three , yes 3 , bags of ice packed on top of the engine for about 45
> minutes before my run
> Launched at 1250 RPM
> Tranny in "D" with OD OFF

At the time when I ran a 15.36@91.44MPH in my 92 4x4, I had about the same
mods, minus any air filter (ran bald), and the slicks (BFG 235 75R15
Trailmaker Plus), and the ice, I also have a MP SBEC and JBA's. I think that
made alot of difference. I wish you could get one (perf. comp). My worst
enemy was hooking up and keeping the pedal down. It is a sport, you have to
train yourself and know your truck.
TTYL
Boog