Re: Re: RE: 4X4 Question

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 21:53:00 EDT

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:01:59 -0400
If you want to improve your handling in the snow, get rid of the Goodyears
and get 4 narrow studded snow tires. 4 wheel drive does absolutely nothing
to improve braking in the snow...if fact it can be worse due to drive line
lock-up (RWABS).

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Subject: Re: DML: Re: RE: 4X4 Question

I kinda' figured that's what you meant Jason... I too am impressed with how
well these rigs handle in the snow. I'm not sure if it's the weight, long
wheelbase (I've got the CC) or the large tires, but mines sure-footed and
stops
better than any vehicle I've ever been in. The stopping part really
surprised
me as it's a pickup and I don't have the 4whl ABS... Black ice can get
anyone
but after hitting some last winter I found these vehicles recover nicely.
Tom

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.