RE: RE: Anyone who has a supercharger?

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 22:26:01 EDT

Brad,
We are in the process of an engine buildup now. The goal is 380 - 400 HP and
maintain streetability and emissions. Heads are in process. Full porting by
Robert Landy (Dick Landy's son) and I hope I spelled his name correct.
Custom pistons to take advantage of the double quench in the heads. MPI
intake, the cam will be a custom grind out of Crane (match the flow of the
heads). Valves, exhaust 1.625 (SI supplied), intake 1.970 (MP supplied),
springs, retainers and guide plates (Crower supplied). Rockers will be 1.6
(either Crower or Crane). Injectors 310 cc (29.5 lbs/hr, Lucas supplied),
custom programming to match the injectors. Of course the TB will be one of
mine. On the TB, we only need 750 CFM to achieve the desired HP and Torque.
Planned power-band 2,000 - 5,300 RPM. The project is well under way. You
asked about head gaskets, I tend to like Fel-Pro. They have a marine gasket
for the A-engines that looks real good. Compressed thickness is .050',
gasket bore diameter is 4.140. More than likely, I will use this on my
engine. Factory gaskets have a gasket bore diameter of 4.000, the Fel-Pro
should drop the compression slightly. This will greatly help supercharged
applications. One other goal is to develop more power than my supercharged
95. Hope this helps.....
        Frank