(no subject)

From: (no email)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 11:55:39 EDT

From: Chris Reck <creck@ais.net>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Looking for spare tire...
Date sent: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 01:00:59 -0500
Send reply to: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

> I recently had my spare tire stolen (even with the Mopar lock). The
> thiefs just reached around somehow and cut the wire holding the thing up.
> The winch is ~$70 but the dealer wants over $250 for the tire and the
> steel rim.
>
> Does anyone have a spare tire for sale? I have a 99 CC 4x4 with the 33"
> (?) tires (the large ones...).
>
> Reply to creck@ais.net please...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris
> '99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst

I've posted this many times, don't buy the spare lock that locks out
the winch. They can just cut the cable. Buy the Mopar lock that
slides through the lug and cam locks into the winch. The only way to
get a spare off with that lock is to remove the whole winch
(impossible with the spare up). Cutting the cable with this lock does
nothing but let the cable drop, the wheel stays.

|{eith R. Phelps
krp at netnitco dot net

Cat..... the other white meat.