Fighting Tickets (was Finally Got Nailed)

From: David Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 15:44:51 EDT

The National Motorists Association has a good website on fighting tickets at
www.motorists.org There is a lot of free info and more for a fee
(naturally). I also recently received a ticket for speeding (clocked by
plane) and am planning on fighting it, because a. I don't believe I was
going as fast as the ticket was issued for and b. I have a problem with
speedtraps and the ticket racket in general.

 No offense to the officers on the list, but I question the data on the
causal relationship between speeding and traffic fatalities. Speed
differential and fatalities I can understand. I'm no saint when it comes to
obeying speed limits and with well over 250,000 miles of driving I've not
been in any accidents (other than a non-chargeable one when I was 18 and I
was rear ended). I've also never been cited other than 3 speeding tickets
and one "excessive noise" violation which was another way "don't be cruising
around here." I understand that police officers are just upholding the laws
on the books and I'm always very polite and cooperative with them. I do,
however exercise my right to fight like @&!% in court when I feel that I
have been wronged.

Dave Rench
1997 Dakota V-8 (" honest officer it can only go 65 mph " ) :~)