RE: Hello All!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 09:57:51 EDT

Welcome to the DML Kevin,

Check out Quick-D (http://wwww.quickd.com) for a good Air Intake System
(K&N...the ONLY way to go)

There are several things you can do for a minimal cost....what type of
performance are you looking for? MPG, 1/4 mile trap speeds, etc....

I'd also highly recommend that you get rid of the stock muffler and replace
it with a better flowing piece...Flowmaster, MagnaFlow, Dynomax...they're
all far superior to the stock one. (And they sound much better also!) ;)

You last item would be ignition: MSD-6 as an add-on to the existing
system...don't forget to replace the stock wires. All of us have had too
many problems with them. MSD, SplitFire, Magnecore, Taylor...all make a
good wire set for about $60.00 (shop around for the best price)

Here's the cost breakdown for you: (All are rounded up)

QuickD Intake: $150.00
Muffler: $120.00 (Includes $60 labor for shop installation)
Ignition: $120.00 (Includes the cost of a good plug-wire set as well)

Total Cost: $390 - $400 for a decent improvement in performance.

There are a lot of "extra" mods that can be done to the truck but that
depends on your budget.

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC (V6)
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
ICQ#: 39320084

Subject: DML: Hello All!

My name is Kevin Hoegen ('MellowYellow' ) from Massachusetts. I'm sending
this message primarily to make sure I can post messages with any errors.
Also, I'm a newbie member of the DML. I bought my 99 Dakota 2WD Solar Yellow
Club Cab V6-3.9L about a month ago and I love it. I hope to be a
contributing member to the list and also hit one of these DML meets soon.
Thanx.
By the way, I know diddly about making modifications to trucks but, I'm
interested in upgrading my air filtration to boost performance. If you have
an economical suggestion (not ready to buy a ram-hood!) I'd appreciate your
suggestion. (ie; filter kit type and name brand). Thanks again!