RE: Hello All!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 11:37:09 EDT

Kevin,

This has been an ongoing discussion that has never really been put to
rest...and i'm not about to do that. (That's what the DML is all about
anyway.)

I had originally tried the 10" Round w/2" Filter but wasn't pleased with the
engine performance once it was up to operating temperature...started to lag
and almost fell flat on its face. After the installation of an aftermarket
Intake Tube and 6" Cone filter, i've never been happier.

Remember: Heat kills performance (to an extent). You want to keep the
intake charge as cool as possible (but not too cold either...)

There has been some talk about the K&N Gen-II Intake setup but only a few
have received it at this point. (Anyone want to put their comments in on
this one?) Personally, I don't have any experience with the Gen-II at this
time so I can't really give any performance results.

On a personal note, I've done some extensive mods to my '97 Dak V6 and am
VERY pleased with the results. The only difference from my truck to the
others is that it's been lifted 7" (Body, Suspension, and Tires) so it's not
a 1/4 miler. I can only wonder what it would do with a set of street
tires....ehehehehe.... ;)

Later,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC (V6)
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
ICQ#: 39320084

Subject: RE: DML: Hello All!

Your absolutely right about responses and suggestions. I've seen info
regarding the Quik-D setup shown here:
                http://www.quickd.com/

Because I'm such a novice maybe u can tell me: Will I get the same results
using the FABM setup u suggested. Your suggestion is about $100 cheaper!! I
can't escape the feeling that the more expensive setup MUST be better...why
else would people pay more? :-) Once again your reply is most appreciated!

Kevin