Re: new member(kinda long)

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 10:40:39 EDT

At 02:27 AM 7/4/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Just saying hello as a newbie. Been reading the posts for a while now,
>thought I'd join the fracass! I've got a 99 CC Sport+,black,318 auto, and
>most of my mods are from you guys! I'm considering swapping the clutch
>fan(aka noisemaker) for a Flexalite CCW ss fan. How does the clutch come
off
>the w.p.shaft? Seems the bolts on the fan only hold it to the clutch. Please
>tell me I don't have to pull the radiator! Also, would I need a spacer/gizmo
>to attach the new fan to the w.p. shaft without the clutch there? I'd rather
>go this route than electric fans, as I'm conabout overheating/ charging
>problems. Appreciate any help I can get.
>
>I have the flex-a-lite dual 12s and very satisfied with them. It gets hot
here and have not had a bit of problem.
 When installing, the hardest part was getting the old fan off. I could not
get the large nut to break loose, because there was no way to hold it.
After much brain wracking, I got a section of weightlifting wire, that is
coated in plastic. I put it thru one of the 4 holes on the fan pulley (
which is pressed on the water pump now) and attached the other end to the
sway bar. This allowed me to get the nut loose. I also took the radiator
out before doing this, just made it easier to get to everything.
Also black CC here.

Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, Leach headers, Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans,
Quick D intake, 180 stat