Re: RE: The Optima Battery

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 23:51:32 EDT

<< But you can't tip or submerge the standard "4x4" Lead/Acid batteries like
 you can with the Optima. There's also always the chance of a Lead/Acid
 battery exploding due to gasses...this doesn't happen with an Optima since
 that are 100% sealed. (And they're under $80.00 if you look for them.)

Well I would hope I wouldnt ever roll my Dak, but you have a good point. I
would also hope I would never go through water that deep to submerge my
battery, but good point again. A battery exploiding eh, ok it might. I was
just saying that my battery is almost identical to those Optimas, and I paid
$40 for it; I have never seen one for under $80 either, but good find if you
did. Like I said, if you want the Optima and have the money for it, buy it.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6