Re: lowering questions (Kris)

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 22:59:29 EDT

kris hines wrote:

> i was wondering if anyone can help me i want to lower my rt 1-2" up front
> and 2-3" in the rear.

   Hey Kris, The fronts no problem. You may have trouble with the exhaust were
   it goes over the rear. I had to modify my Gibson by adding about a 4" pc in
each
   "over the rear pipe". Had to bring it up close to the bed to get enough
travel.
   My rear drop is 4". My understanding is the RT is 1" lower than the sport,
if you
   go 3", it will be the same as my 4" drop. It won't leave you much travel,
about
   2 3/4" to be exact,. Thats with changing the stock rear bumpstops out for
some
   poly pancake ones. How are the roads where your from? My advice to the rest
   of the guys is not to go more than 3" (which I believe would be 2" for the
RT)
   Unless of course you plan to do a c-notch

> snip

> i plan on using hotchkis part with the hotchkis sway bars

   I haven't changed my sway bars yet, can't help you there. Are you using the
   Hotchkis Sport Leaf Springs and their 2" coils for the front?

> thanks alot
> kris hines
>
> Good Luck, Let me know how you make out.

   Regards
   Bob

Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters
Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, F+B TB, Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850,
Infinity Kappa's, MTX 275x, MTX Thunderform and a MTX 2130
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995