Won't start - update

From: mh (drductape@texoma.net)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 12:58:38 EDT

A mind is a terrible thing to waste - mine kicked in after some coffee.

If I had just paid attention the first time I looked at the wiring diagram
I would have seen the clues, enough to make some deductions anyway. There
are three wires going to the sensor, looking at the wiring diagram two of
these are also wired to several more sensors in paralle. Duh, power and
ground! Mr Fluke says the blue/black is ground and the orange supplies
8.8VDC from the control module. Getting a little over 2 ohms between pwr
and ground. No way a sensor is going to draw 4 amps. Cut the wire ties and
find the culprit, three wire ribbon in a horizontal plane suddenly
contorted to the vertical in the space of an eight of an inch and the ribs
are no longer visible. I carefully sliced between the ribs, one wire will
need a splice the other two can be wrapped. Now all I hafta do is stand on
my head with a soldering iron, some solder and some heat shrink.

Doc