Re: Roller Rockers

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 10:04:35 EDT

Rich, I'm installing the Mopar rockers next week when
I do the manifold mod. I was going to go with the 1.7s
but got a pretty good deal on the Mopar rockers (1.6) from
Arnold at Springdale Dodge ($239) including pushrods. I
prefer the needle bearing rollers over Compcams because
they look like they would cause less valvetrain friction.
Compcams rockers are good rockers, but they're engineered
to close to the stock setup. I like the Comp.080 pushrods.
Kammer & Kammer used the Comp roller rockers in a 318 build
up in Mopar Muscle not to long ago. Output 335 HP, if I
remember correctly. Bill Tier is right about the Comp folks
tho,,,,,call 'em up and they seem a little *spaced* when it
comes to Dodge engines. They tried to sell me on the 1.5
rockers which I believe are older premag 318 specs.

GS -

98 5.2L 5pd