Re: Friction Modifyer additive to Limited Slip?

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 18:19:02 EDT

> At 03:10 PM 7/6/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >DML'ers, earlier this year I went to an Amsoil synthetic
> for
> >the suregrip 9.25 rearend. My question is, should I have
> added
> >a friction modifyer to the synthetic for extra
> protection? No
> >problems with the rearend, I'm just a curious.

I was looking through my Dad's Amsoil catalog and noted
that they said a friction additive DID NOT need to be added
for limited slip diffs. Don't know enough about the
subject to know if they already include an additive or if
the characteristics of their synthetics make an additive
unneccessary. Whatever . . . that's what I'm sure I read,
though.

JY