Re: Friction Modifyer additive to Limited Slip?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 18:53:02 EDT

At 05:46 PM 7/6/99 +0000, you wrote:
>> I was looking through my Dad's Amsoil catalog and noted
>> that they said a friction additive DID NOT need to be added
>> for limited slip diffs. Don't know enough about the
>> subject to know if they already include an additive or if
>> the characteristics of their synthetics make an additive
>> unneccessary. Whatever . . . that's what I'm sure I read,
>> though.
>>
>> JY
>>

>AHA!! Thanks Jason !
>
>GS -

I also just finished reading an article which says that the Red Line
brand does not require an additive as well. My mechanic's philosophy
(probably more accurate to say that he is an engine builder and a
classic car restorer) is to always be on the safe side. I found this
out last week when he was working on my engine...very meticulous and
a perfectionist.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red