RE: '95 Tow hooks..

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 08:01:01 EDT

Kyle,

Thanks for the response, you've certainly given me more to think about (like
I really need it :-). When you say that the frame horn was bent, do you
mean that the outside "wall" was collapsed, or the entire box bent? I
wonder about putting the hooks on the bottom rail instead of the side. I've
seen this done many times on other vehicles, but I'm not sure if there's
enough rail there to work with. I'll have to check it out.

I wonder how much it would cost to have a whole new bumper fabricated with
some TOW POINTS. I've only found one aftermarket bumper
(http://www.kenmtn.com/html/p2.html). It's difficult to tell from their
photos, but I'm starting to think it sticks out too far and puts the winch
too low for an unlifted truck. They quoted me $225 for the bumper and $40
for the D rings.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto