Re: Good race last night

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 19:39:12 EDT

But was he towing anything?!?!? BAHA HA HA...

Just kidding.

I had a similar experience with a guy on the FWY
yesterday on my way back from the Dodge dealership,
except he insisted on riding my bumper at 75 mph...
I was angry about the dealership 'trip', and was trying not to lose my
cool with this guy. I let him go by... '92 Mustang GT, with supertrap
mufflers, etc.

About a minute later, he gets up on another cars butt in the fast lane,
and rides the poor guy. I kept my 75 mph and ended up passing the
fool, as the other driver took his/her foot off the gas and slowed with
Mr. Butthead in tow. The moment he saw me pass him, he jumped right on
my butt.. I couldn't believe it... 3 lanes, 1 open (right lane),
'dude, pass me already'.. Nope he stays on my butt even after I pass
the car in the fast lane... Wife gave me the okay, so I hit the 'OD'
button, and nail it... I pull about 2 cars lengths almost instantly,
then pull another 2-3 car lengths over the next 15-20 seconds... He
follows me off the fwy, then at the first light... He pulls along side,
and starts reving his engine (what's with these manual guys?? he he)...
I power brake it at 1500 rpm, no wheel spin, and pulled a car length in
about 1/8th mi...game over. Made me feel better when I got home.

Sam '99 RT x 2