Re: black clearcoat & atomic bird ka-ka

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 20:39:06 EDT

There is not much you can do w/o using something a little more abrasive.
Just make sure you keep a good coat of wax on the truck to prevent it
from happening again, though sometimes this doesn't even help. One thing
you can do is keep a bottle of Quick Detailer (spray wax) a rag and a
plastic bag (to store the rag in) behind the seat and anytime you see
some "ka-ka" wipe it off w/ this. This is one of those special features
you get w/ black paint, it is a very high maintenance color. I wax my
truck once a month and use glaze almost everytime I wash it. This helps
keep the bugs and "ka-ka" from eating the clearcoat, though I have
emerald green so I don't have anywhere near your problem. Good luck.

Erich