Re: Re: Tire Size?

From: Derek Brooks (DEREK00@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 22:23:47 EDT

when you go to a tire that big you also have to consider how much
fenderwell you have and spring clerance if i remember right when i was
measuring my 87 dak a 10.5(tread contact patch) hosier quick time (i think
the mesurment is 325/50/15 )is the bigest that will fit under the body using
custom backspacing the tire width including buldge is somwhere around 14
inches overall the wheel tubs are just about 15inches (the dak has small
tubs so a 4x8 sheet of plywood can fit between the wheelwells)this is not a
good recomended clerance for steet driving plus it also takes a ten inch
rim. your tire should fit if you use the right rim and backspacing