Re: Speedo recalibration

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 00:42:48 EDT

Go to the dealer and buy a new speedo gear w/
o-ring... $10 and 2 minutes later (and yes, that's 2
min) you're good to go

--- Quiktruk99@aol.com wrote:
> I have a 99 CC that I've lowered 2" in back w/Ground
> Force blocks, and it
> rides nice, but on certain streets, it looks lower
> in back than in front.
> I've measured from top of tire to bottom of wheel
> well and it's 5" in front
> and 5 1/2" in rear. I'm thinking of putting
> 285/70R15's on the back to raise
> it up, but it will make my speedo read 5mph low from
> 40mph up(i.e. real 45 =
> 40 on gauge,etc.) Where would I go to get the speedo
> recalibrated? I have the
> 15x8's with 255/65R15's now, want to keep front
> tires and ride height(lots of
> potholes in Jersey). Gonna put a Jet Dodge module in
> soon, would that recal
> the speedo automatically? Any feedback is
> appreciated.
> Kevin 99 Black CC Sport+/318 auto/3.92 SG/Gibson 3"
> side/10" FABM w/ dual
> air feeds/MSD6A w/plugs@.50"/ T/V cable pulled back
> 1/4"/Mallory Prowires
> "Dedicated to infecting other Dak owners with
> HEAVY-FOOT SYNDROME!"

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4