FABM and whistle/hiss

From: MATT ZEITS (darkharlequin@rocketmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 07:17:35 EDT

I just tried to install a fabm filter in my '99 dak.
It has a hiss--especially when the engine is loaded
or the ac comes on--that I think is either from the
gasket or the breather attachment. I used the mr.
gasket 9791 10" filter box with a k&n 10x2.75"
filter. It sat real high against the gasket that
mates with the hood on the back firewall. I tried
lowering it by 1/2" by cutting the bottom of the
filter hat and filing it level(it fits well now), but
the hiss is still there. Any suggestions--btw, i
have a 99' cc v6, if that helps.

===
I tell you this,
no eternal reward