RE: a new member

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 09:56:15 EDT

> Hello All,
>
> I just joined this mailing list and it looks like I will enjoy
> it. To get introductions out of the way, I'm Mike Sanders am a
> proud owner of a 1993 Dodge Dakota Sport. It's an extended cab,
> black on the outside and black/grey on the inside. Most
> importantly, it has a strong 3.9 V6 mated to 5 speed transmission.

Hiya Mike! Welcome aboard!! Nice truck! Cool another v6/5spd'er!!!!

> So far I installed an electric fan to replace the stock unit,
> installed a Class III reciever hitch, and removed the gaudy and
> pealing "Sport" stripes. Inside my truck, I upgraded the enitire
> stock sound system with Premier speakers, a Pioneer tape deck w/
> cd controls, and a Pioneer 6-disc changer. This past Friday I
> finished intalling a pair of bucket seats from a '98 Dakota in my
> truck. I also replaced the black dash panels (cup holder and
> instrument cluster) with wood-grained ones from an SLT I found at
> the scrap yard. Next week I plan on spraying the new dash panels
> with a clear gloss (the arts and crafts type) so that I can get
> that "shiney" polished wood look.

Agreed on the gaudy striping, but mine are still on until they peel (GF
likes the striping). How much of a pain was it to install the seats??? Or
was it a drop-in? I have the 60/40 bench.

> In the future I plan on complimenting the new seats with a
> center console, and since wood looks so good on a black truck,
> an aluminum framed, wooden (stained, polished, and weather
> protected) bed cover.

That'll look sharp. You gonna leave the wood natural or(ugh)stain it??

> There's lots more I want to do, but as I said before, I'm on a
> budget. Anyway, just wanted to let myself be known, and I look
> forward to any help I can give, though admittedly, I will mostly
> receive :)

Hehehehe... most of us are on some form of budget or another. as a
suggestion may be an upgrade to a catback exhaust. Did mine for $100. Got a
Dynomax setup. Easy boltup(a little bit of cutting to fit but in the end you
have a muffler sized piece left over which with a pair of reducers you can
use as a muffler cutout for racing), and has a nice sound too. Not too
rumbling and not too ricey. To best describe it (as according to the
locals)is sounding "like a Porsche in steroids". You running the stock
airbox??

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ