Re: EVS II Auto Arm

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 01:06:29 EDT

Dave Rubinic wrote:

> The one minute auto-arm on the EVS alarm system is rather annoying. It
> won't arm if you leave the ign on.
> You can't even fill the truck with gas fast enough before it re-arms
> itself.
> Looking in the list archives, there was some talk of possibly being
> able to disable this feature. You can. Has anyone done it, who knows the
> details? YES!
> When I look in the EVS box, there are 4 dip-switches on the circuit
> board. Anyone know what these do? Maybe one of them could help me out. OK

Switch #1 Arm/disarm chirps; on=chirps on, off=chirps off.
Switch #2,3 Full automatic arming; 2 on, 3 on. Manual arming 2 on, 3 off.
(must have keyfob from keyless entry to manually arm)
Switch #4 instant triger if on, 15 sec delay if off.
Power module MUST be disconnected when changing switches.
Hope this helps. It is not possable to change the timing on the self arm.
Pressing the valet switch will prevent arming also. pressing a second time
wil reinable the automatic arming.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC EVSII alarm.