Air Flow Comparison 10"round vs 6" cone

From: Kevin Hoegen (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 00:47:42 EDT

I called K&N tech help today and asked if they could tell me which filter
would provide more air flow: a 10"x2" open element or a 6"x3" cone. I ask=
ed
this so I might make a final decision as to wether I will put an FABM set=
up
on my intake or a Quik-D style...I may even just connect a 6" cone filter
directly on my stock intake cover.

Anyway, I dont wish to rehash the cold vs volume debate, as I have read o=
K&N's site that a reputable automag did a test and determined that the co=
ld
air setup provided an average of 1% increase in HP.

The tech told me that the 6" cone provided almost DOUBLE the flow capacit=
of the 10"! Does this sound accurate?

=A0
Kevin ~Stinger~ Hoegen
'99 Dak Sport CC V6 Solar Yellow