Re: RE: Exhaust size for a V6

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 15:17:18 EDT

I used dual (from cat back) 2.5's on my 318
(glasspacks, no muffler) and I could tell the loss of
low-end. Plans are underway to replace the packs w/
flowlessmaster to return some backpressure

--- "Ashton, Rick" <RGASHTON@nettally.com> wrote:
> can you use 2 2.5" pipes or is that too much for a
> V6 as well?
>
> The Man From Utopia wrote:
>
> > 3" is way too much for a 6er... I used 2.5" on
> mine...
> >
> > Greg
> > 95 DSCC v6 5spd
> >

> > > Lots of you Dakrs talk about putting in 3" pipes
> for your rigs for
> > > performance....is that size pipe TOO much for
> the V6 3.9L? I
> > > understand that
> > > too much of an opening can be just as bad as too
> much restriction.
> > >

> > > Kevin ~Stinger~ Hoegen
> > > '99 Dak Sport CC V6 Solar Yellow
> > > E-mail: hoegen@kersur.net
> <mailto:hoegen@kersur.net>
> > > Future Dak Site: www.kersur.net/~hoegen
> <http://www.kersur.net/~hoegen>

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4