Re: WAS Saga NOW Welcome Sam to 4x4!

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 15:48:28 EDT

Sam and fellow DML'ers,
I wish I could say I was getting as good of gas mileage as
Peter here with my 1998 CC 5.2L 5pd 3.55 4x4. I definitely
need to do a cat-back and the 180 stat to complement my
po'boy intake--that would probably help. Anyway, I'm
getting as low as 12 mpg here in the hot Vegas temps
because I HAVE to have the air cranked. Also, my driving
style really doesn't help. On a recent trip to Reno where
I was flying at about 85 to 90 mph, I think I averaged
about 17 to 18 . . . also with the AC cranked. Anyway Sam,
I'm glad you found a solution to your towing woes--I think
you made the right choice and will be very happy with the
4x4 . . . especially if we get together and run some
trails!!! (something we'll have to do for sure when I get
back from that Ohio trip). They really are quite capable
4x4's; obviously there not hard-core rock crawlers, but I
love where mine will take me. Congrats and I hope you
don't experience any more hassles with the deal.

Later,
JY