Re: not roadrage

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 11 1999 - 08:39:53 EDT

<<I wrote.
<< "These are examples of road rage guys.Tailgating is one thing but if
 it is being done in the fast lane then you need to step aside
 and let them pass. I tailgate too(among other moves)when someone
 is dawdling along in the fast lane."

Then in a message dated 99-07-11 00:26:32 EDT, you wrote

 -The tailgaitin' idiot is the road rage. This is the reaction to road
 rage. Someone does something that scares the BeJesus outof 'em and
 maybe it makes them think and drive like a sane person. It's stupid to
 tailgate someone who's already doing 80 mph. If you want to go faster,
 find your own way around. I figure that if I'm already breaking the law
 going 15+mph over the limit, then I aint pullin' over for someone who
 wants to do 90 >>

I have to respectfully disagree. You are showing signs of potential
road rager in your answer. 15mph over the speed limit is nothing,
I do that in the slow lane. I don't think someone else should be deciding
how badly I'm allowed to break the law. I have to maintain that if
you are in the fast lane and you notice someone approaching at
a higher rate of speed you should yield to the faster traffic by moving to
the
right. It is more dangerous for everyone on the road when you make the
faster cars zip in and out of traffic to get around you.
JMHO,of course YMMV.
OTOH I agree wit ya about the kids who jockey for position when it is bumper
to bumper traffic.But then again they are just kids and they will hopefully
live long enough to learn to relax. I usually just watch them and chuckle.I
will even slow and allow them back in just to try and diffuse
an incident of road rage somewhere else. Everyone needs to
consciencely try to stay calm behind the wheel so we can help combat
road rage.Just relax man,and we'll live to race our Daks another day. : )